Thursday, July 9, 2009

Kaboom! - 4th of July 2009

We got back from our family reunion a few days ago, and as always, we had a great time. Bryan and I got up early on Friday to finish packing, load the truck, hook up the boat, etc. Then we had to drive to an unsavory area of Dallas to pick up 40 lbs (our family is enormous) of fajita meat. We always get it from this little Mexican grocery store, and it is THE BEST! It's called La Michocana, and I believe they have locations all over Texas. So anyway, we hit the road around noon, and got down to the lakehouse early that evening....we had to make a few detours (Czech Stop! - SO worth the 20 minute line out the door). It was a wonderful reunion. We took the boat out, went swimming with the kids, visited with all the relatives, and saw an amazing fireworks show! In addition, I have to confess that I overcame one of my lifelong fears at the lakehouse this year. Ever since we were kids, my bold and fearless sister would jump off of the second story deck above the boat dock into the lake. I was always too scared....I don't do heights! I'd say it's a 15-20 foot drop. But, finally, at age 27....I mustered up the courage. Yay me! Here's a picture of my little cousin, Grant, leaping from the same deck...haha, maybe I'm not so brave after all!

All in all it was an awesome weekend! Here's a few pictures....enjoy!

Me and Lisa

Alicia's Homemade Sushi....mmm, the best!

Out on the Water!

I need a scrunchie! Me and Bryan cutting up ALL THAT MEAT!

Awaiting the fireworks...

ooooh....

ahhhh....

Bryan and I...in desperate need of aloe vera!

The Cousins

hahaha! Poor Bryan!

No comments: