Monday, November 3, 2008

October Happenings...

Ok, so this blogging thing is a little more time consuming than I thought! I will try to do better, but October was an insancly busy month for us! I'll try to recap the highlights.
SAN FRANCISCO
Me, Lisa, and our cousin Kaylan ventured out west to visit our other cousin Karyn, for a fun-filled Girl's Weekend in San Francisco. We got in late on Friday night, grabbed some dinner, and decided to conserve our energy by going to bed at a reasonable hour. Then Saturday, we had brunch, went to Fisherman's Wharf to sight see, and then to a downtown rooftop party to watch a Blue Angels Air Show. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen! We wrapped up the day with dinner and drinks downtown. It was a total blast! Here's a few pictures from Saturday....


Then on Sunday, we accomplished one of my lifelong travel goals, and drove up to California wine country! Napa Valley, to be exact. We went to 3 tastings - a champagne tasting at Domaine Carneros, and then 2 wine tastings at Trefethen and Cakebread (yum!). For those who might not know...I have been known to enjoy a good bottle of wine, and Napa was pure bliss for me. We all had a great time and tasted some delicious wines!

Then Monday, after some last minute souvenier shopping in San Francisco, it was time to fly back to Dallas. All in all, it was a fabulous trip, and a great time catching up with my cousins. We, hopefully, will be making it an annual girl's weekend trip. Next year, Cabo?

No comments: